Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Passive Income Goals For August

Goals are here again and I have a confession to make, I didn't complete my passive income goals for July. It's like I completed half of my goals by completing more hubs and making only $11.45 from Google Adsense. I did make some sales with Amazon though. I am happy for that. I didn't make any sales with the Keyword Academy but that is okay. I am trying harder this month by making some hubs targeted towards keywords and making more sales with more people signing up for The Keyword Academy. You do receive a free 30-day trial for $1 and can cancel at anytime. So, all you are spending is $1 but you have so much knowledge and money to gain from it. I tried it and was satisfied with it but I canceled because I couldn't afford but I will say this is something I will be subscribing to again next month and the month thereafter. They truly teach you what you need to learn about content and keywords.

Well enough with TKA, let's get to some goaling. Let's see what I completed from July:


  • Made 25 hubs with Hubpages 
  • Increased my views from 80 to 300 views daily( It may have been because of the back to school hubs I've been writing, but I will keep an eye on my views to see where it leaves my traffic once the back to school season is over)
  • Increased my traffic to Amazon and starting to make sales
  • Increased my backlinks to this blog by commenting on forums, joining high rank websites leaving my blog in the signature, commenting on websites within my niche
  • Made more friends with Hubpages and blogging
  • Reached 5,000 views on Hubpages
  • I learned how to social bookmark within seconds using IM Automator
These are some great accomplishments and progress I made towards making passive income and I hope from all the backlinking I've been doing that my PR rank at least goes to a PR1, because I've worked really really hard to get more visitors to my blog.

The goals for August will be work for me as usual but I plan to do it and stay on task this month. There are some new ones that I hope to accomplish as well and it goes as follows:


  • Publish at least 50 hubs that are targeted for high performing niches and within those 50 make some sales hubs targeted for Amazon purchases. 
  • Make at least 10 articles targeted at The Keyword Academy to make sales
  • Keep writing posts on this blog and continue to get backlinks
  • Make at least $40 with Google Adsense
  • Make at least $20 on Amazon
  • Write some articles at Ezine Articles for backlinks
I hope to achieve my goals for August and I believe I will. I am getting better with backlinking and keywords, so this is a plus for me but I am still trying to figure ways to get traffic. That is also something I need to work towards this month, or it may increase this month with the backlinks. I just think I need to keep an eye on it and if it doesn't increase I do believe I will purchase a product online to increase it. Stay tuned for more to come.. Thanks for reading..

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a lot done in July! I think you're making good progress, your Hubs seem to be getting a lot of views and often that improves as they get older and older. I think they're good for Amazon sales too, especially if some Hubs are directly related to products (I haven't tried any specifically on products but had a period where I got quite a lot of Amazon sales through them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ruth and thanks for commenting. I tried to get a lot done last month. I didn't make my goal but I am glad I made some progress with my hubs and you are right the older my articles get the more money I should bring in. I hope it starts to come in around the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if you didn't make your goal for the month, you still got a lot done. I think every little bit helps. And like Ruth says, age will help. You already have more Hub traffic than I do. I hope to get to 200 views daily by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kidgas, thanks.. As long as you keep your goals, your traffic will start picking up.. I've been using revenue share websites to get backlinks to my hubs and using the Google Keyword Tool to see which keywords to use..

    ReplyDelete